Friday, March 28, 2014

Chapter 4

From chapter 4 of the novel, The Namesake, by Jhumpa Lahiri, Gogol celebrates his fourteenth birthday with a party  with his friends. Late Night for the first time his dad, Ashoke gave a him a birthday present which is a copy of the short story of Nikolai Gogol. However the next year Ashoke is on Sabbatical, and the whole family h traveled to Calcutta for eight months. After a trip from the Taj in India, on their way back a passenger gets murder in the train ,and Ashoke was the most one who horrified about the accident. In August, they return to Massachusetts and Gogol invited by some friend to a party at the university  where his father teaches, and pretended to be a freshman at armherst. Fortunately for the first time Gogol introduce his self as Nikhil  to girl name Kim. As brave he was that new name gave him a little kiss for the first time in his life.

Consequently to brave  is to be  ready to face or endure danger or pain. However in my opinion, it is really important to be brave, so can be able to handle your fear during your battle.For instance, in the the novel, though Gogol was shield in the conversation, his bravery  musters up the courage to kiss Kim. You can see that having courage is like a motivation that  is pushing you to accomplish whatever  you have in mind. Moreover i believe brave  is the only thing that can a help people to stand for themselves though they fear. It also standing up to a bully.

2 comments:

  1. I like this part of the book, because it reminds me of my own experience when I was able to change my name however I want after I got married in America, it made me feel confident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I respect your point of view, and I also agree with you with the fact that we should have courage as motivation in our lives. We decide what if something is good or not to us.

    ReplyDelete